Thursday, March 29, 2007

Real Moms

I caught this fantastic meme about what makes a real mom from slacker-moms-r-us, and I have been putting some thought into it. A mom is something different to everyone, but the kind of mom I want to be is the kind with the following attributes:

  • A real mom sees the world through a child's eyes, yet trusts her instincts and experience when it comes to teaching children about and protecting them from the dangers they can't see.
  • A real mom bends the rules in the name of fun, yet knows just when and how to enforce them when it comes to teaching values.
  • A real mom plays along with imaginary friends, yet believes in cultivating real adult friendships too.
  • A real mom loves her kids, yet relies on loving herself to be the best example of health and joy for them.
  • A real mom shares her toys, her dreams and her whole life's passion, yet has confidence in her children and supports them in choosing their own toys, building their own dreams and discovering thier own life's passion.
These are just a few real mom attributes that I feel are important. I encourage all moms who read this to think about what being a Real Mom means to them and tag Kim to post her meme.

2 comments:

My Rags to Riches said...

I agree with all you said. I hope I can be a mom like that!!

Kim said...

Don't worry, I know that you tagged me. I'm working on my meme, it's just been a crazy week and coming up with my meme takes a little bit of thinking time!