Tuesday, December 4, 2007

More BIG Changes Coming

Finally we are feeling settled in and ready to call it home. All the Christmas decor is up and cheery, and all the necessities are in place to make it reflect our rugged style and spunk. Just as we are getting comfortable, I realize that I missed my monthly visit from aunt flow. So, the day I went into town to pick up hubby from his first stint in the village, I find out that we are expecting kiddo #2!

If our calculations are right, it should be near the end of July when everything will change again. We have been talking about doctors, delivery options and, of course, how we are going to make room in our new place for a newborn. I think it was all a bit overwhelming for poor hubby.
"SURE! I come home from a month in the village and find my house looks totally different and my wife is knocked up!"

I think he is still in disbelief that we have a new place, a new cat and now that we are definitely adding another member to our little family, it may have simply pushed him over the edge. I am excited; I think he is too. It's a happy feeling in our house and I am a bit surprised that the feelings and excitement about baby #2 is just as unnerving and intense as for baby #1.

I'm just a little overwhelmed with the whole prospect of finding a doctor who can honestly talk to me about my options in delivery. I would really like to be there for the birth of my baby. The last time I was exhausted from 24 hours of labor, a super-crazy drug cocktail and the loss of too much blood from my emergency c-section. And to think I went in thinking I was going to do it a' natural! Actually, I think I am going to have a hard time finding someone up here qualified and willing to do a VBAC. BUT if my insurance covers it and I can find one, I think that is option one. Option 2 is just scheduling the c-section. We shall see.

If there is anyone out there who has had a VBAC, let me know if it is worth it. I would really like to know if there is someone here in Wasilla who will do it. If you know, PLEASE pass along a referral. Thanks!

6 comments:

1tiredmama said...

Congratulations!! I really hope you can find a Dr. that will do things the way you would like. Keep us posted on how your feeling and how things are going!!

NicciN said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I think going for a VBAC is more common now since it was not even an issue for me the second time. They let me try it, but then we choose c-section after no dilation progress after 12 6 hours of labor. It was so much better than the first time since I wasn't so tired and worn out from the 24 hours of failed induction.

Kuwaitia said...

Congratulations!!!! Good luck with finding an OB! That has to be nerve racking all by itself. But, I'm sure there's at least one doctor in your town that has performed VBACs and will be willing to follow your birthing plan!

Karin said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you! It is a big change, but so much fun!

My Rags to Riches said...

Congrats! My sister had a VBAC and it was no problem, unfortunately she is out here in UTAH, sorry!

Anonymous said...

congrats on baby #2! how are things going with Ben gone?