Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pregnancy Update

After my last visit to the doc, it turns out that my days of torment have been limited by about a week. The doctors feel that given the circumstances and misery of this pregnancy and the risk of going into labor early, coupled with the complications from my previous labor and delivery constitute a c-section on the 14th of JULY!!! Yippie! Not so excited about the c-section, but that there is a definite end in sight that is safest for both baby and me is really good news.

Ben did have to reschedule his annual training, as he wasn't going to be here on account of work. But they were good enough to reschedule that for September and he will now have a little over 6 weeks paid leave after the baby comes. The 2-week rotation is really tough, but I gotta say that 6 weeks is a good stretch of vacation time. I just wish that we could go do something amazing... maybe we'll spend some time on the Kenai at the end of that... we shall see.

As far as the gender of the baby goes, Ben and I are still not ready to concede our hopes that it is a boy. The ultrasound technician claims that there is a 90% chance that it is a girl... but we can't bring ourselves to call our little mystery baby a she just yet... not only that, but we still can't agree on a girl name and we are really clinging to that 10% chance till we can verify for ourselves in July.

7 comments:

Squish said...

I'm so happy for you and your husband to have the family leave together as you welcome this new child (son/daughter still a mystery, but that's exciting!). And good for you to be thinking of trying to squeeze in an adventure!

I had two c-sections. Think about having some help the first couple (few?) weeks if possible . . . although you will have hubby . . . The hard part will be the child who can move and get into trouble.

Wow, July 14th is just around the corner!

NicciN said...

Wow, that's coming up soon. Good month for a birthday though -- mine is July 12. That is cool that you will get 6 weeks together. I loved the 4 weeks I had with my husband each time.

Take care.

Tiffany W. said...

SIX WEEKS PAID LEAVE!?? How in the world did you work that out? Seth will probably take a week off...if i'm lucky...using his vacation time...when our baby arrives and then it will be back to work for him and too bad for me! ;)

April said...

I am so glad for you and that there is an end in sight! I hope the next few weeks go smoothly for you! Good luck with a boy or girl...either way it will be a blessing.

1tiredmama said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!! Sorry about the c-section, but at least it is almost over!!

Chiara said...

You are a lucky girl! Six weeks paid leave for your hubby?!?! Wow! I think you should have a tummy tuck right after your c-section. It is totally the new cool thing to do! ;)- I'm teasing by the way...if you couldn't tell...I was just watching a documentary the other day called, "The Business of Being Born" (highly recommend it!) and they were saying that all the celebrities CHOOSE to have C-sections so they can have a tummy tuck at the same time. LAME! Anyhow - Congrats! Having an official date in mind REALLY helps speed things up...at least I think so. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for that boy! ;)- OR better yet...if you get a girl - I'll just hurry and have a boy since that is all I somehow know how to produce...and then we can switch kids! ;)-

Kendra said...

Hey that is fun! They will have the same birthday as Porter!!!! His is July 14 as well:)I also had a c-section that day and in my experience it seemed a good omen! Two of the great grand-kids with the same birthday is pretty fun! That is great that Ben gets so much time off too!