Sunday, April 29, 2007

Gratitude Sunday: Good Friends

It is amazing to me how fortunate I am to have good friends. I have had friends who have been there throughout my life in various capacities. Among them: sanity through boy crazy summers, bravery through spontaneous tattoos, hilarity through dance clubs and the single scene, sensitivity through misery of my own creating and thoughtfulness through the misery that just is because it is supposed to be.

Today, in particular, I was impressed by a friend who stepped in with the thoughtfulness through the misery that just is because it is. I was feeling sorry for myself again because I live in Barrow, and a friend I hadn’t talked to for more than 2 months called up and invited me to get out of the house… a rare event here that is so critical for sanity, yet so hard to come by. I went from tears to laughter in just a few minutes because a friend was there for me. Because of her, I was able to snap out of my funk, get 2 12x12 and 6 5x7 scrapbook pages completed in one afternoon, and make it home in time to get dinner on the table, feed and bathe the baby and straighten up the house before Ben got in from work.

So today, I am grateful for good friends. Thanks to all who have been an inspiration, support and/or a good shoulder to cry on.

No comments: