Monday, September 10, 2007

Gratitude Sunday: A Ticket Outa Here

I am so excited about our big trip to Anchorage. It is partly our anniversary celebration, but mostly a recon mission to find a home and PLAY. I have learned to appreciate things about Barrow, and I will probably miss parts of it when we move, but right now, I'm just grateful to have a ticket outa here.

Tuesday Night is our anniversary dinner. On Wed., We are doing the shopping thing then going out with friends. On Thurs, we are house hunting and probably getting stuff ready for the weekend which will be spent trecking and wheeling through the mountains. YAE!!!

I've got big plans to stay on my program, and it might just happen. I will give myself one night to indulge in the buffalo chicken salad I have been craving, but I am really going to try to avoid the carbs so that I don't undo the 12 lbs I have worked so hard to lose... again. Hopefully, I will still lose a pound or two next week, but we shall see.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Hey! It sounds like it is going to be great trip! Speaking of house hunting, I am reminded of a conversation I had with my mother-in-law last week....They live in the Northern CA area (I love it almost as much as CO), and you being up there in Barrow came up, and Ben's occupation, and she asked if you would be interested in moving back down to the Lower 48? She works for the Police Dept. and says that CA is in desperate need of officers right now, partly because of their great retirement package...something about retiring at age 55 with full benefits...Anyway, I just thought I would pass it along! They live about 1 1/2 hours from the OR border, so would that be like 6-8 hours from Portland? Talk to you later!

NicciN said...

How exciting! I hope that you and your family have a great time.

Congrats on the 12 pounds! That is interestingly the same number of pounds my husband has lost too. He told me this morning. He fell off the wagon a bit, but is back on again.

Kuwaitia said...

Good luck with the house hunting and staying on the plan! I hear anchorage is fabulous! Hope you have a good trip! And thank you for the wonderful comments about my grandma!

My Rags to Riches said...

Great job on the 12 lbs! Stay strong, and have a good time!