Thursday, September 6, 2007

Yae For Hubby Time!

It has been a really long time since Hubby and I were able to spend some quality, uninterrupted time together. Most of the time we just replace each other in the bed and kiss each other a quick 'love ya' before one of us heads out the door or off to sleep. But last night was a much needed chance to just snuggle and laugh and wrastle like we used to.
It was the first night in what seemed like months that he didn't have to work and once we put Kaia down for the night, we were surprised to be alone together. Despite my new side job, it wasn't as much ‘sexy’ as it was fun and bonding (although there was definitely a sexy chapter of our evening). We were able to talk about how things are going, how we are feeling psychologically and what our big hopes and dreams are for the next step of our amazing adventure together. I had forgotten what that was like; we hadn't done it in so long.
We used to take a bath together almost every day. We would sit in there for about an hour and just talk. This continued right up until we had Kaia. Now it is just really hard to find a way to do that with out our little blonde-haired cutie poppin' in to see what we are up to. It's funny that I had forgotten how good it felt to bond like that. We stayed up till 2 a.m. just being together and I had forgotten how much I needed that.
You would think I would resent Kaia for robbing us of that, but the truth is that I forgot I even had it. Now that I found it again, I can put it out of her reach. There IS time in our lives for just being us and spending time together, we just have to make sure it is a priority and build it into our daily, or at least weekly traditions. There IS alone time for each other, we just have to keep from getting distracted.
I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing guy love me like he does. It was so great to be reminded of that and enjoy that time together without the T.V., internet, phone or kids distracting us from what we really want... each other. Yae for Hubby Time!

5 comments:

Karin said...

That is so great!! It reminds me of that similar time R. and I used to share and that we need to make it more of a priority! Thanks!

My Rags to Riches said...

I agree, after having kids enter into the picture, its so easy to just forget about the special time you used to share on a regular basis! You inspired me to make sure and find that time again for my husband and me.

Squish said...

Yae for date nights and days off when the kids are in school!

Kuwaitia said...

That is so awesome! And also, good to know! My hubby and I are wanting kids, but it's the quality time like that I was worried about losing! I'm glad to know it sounds like you can have it both! First time visiting your blog...found it on slackermommy's...very fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys! This the secret that keeps my marriage strong.

BTW, I'm giving serious thought to the Pure Romance thing!