Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend Confessions & Gratitude Sunday: My Side Job

With temperatures now in the 30's and losing 45 minutes of light each day, I was starting to get a little depressed about the upcomming winter. Then I really started to consider getting a job... but I didn't want to abandon Kaia, or be stuck in a job I didn't like. So, for my big weekend confession:

I signed on with Pure Romance, a woman-to-woman company selling relationship enhancement products!

I wasn't sure if I was the right make and model for this kind of side job, but Saturday night was my first Girls Night In and we had a BLAST!!! I couldn't believe how fun it was to share the benefits of such intimate accessories and even more surprised at how profitable it was. My first party grossed nearly $2000 in sales! I more than made back my investment and am excited about the new friendships and opportunities that come with such a crazy job.

I have already booked 3 more parties, and it looks like the business is off to a good start. The problem is that I am still a little nervous about how it will be received by some of my more conservative friends and family. I still haven’t told my mom and am not quite sure how best to do that. Um… yah… so… I um… uh, I sell sex toys mom. The truth is that it is more than just sex toys, it is confidence and creativity in the bedroom. It’s a fun way to feel beautiful and sexy and enhance the most important relationships in a safe and supportive environment.

I am really grateful for finding such a great opportunity in such an unexpected place. I am really going to enjoy helping the women of Barrow get their sexy on! I am excited about reaching out beyond the confines of my small social group and the parameters of this Arctic village to inspire others too.

If you are interested in getting your sexy on, or just curious about what I do with Pure Romance, check out my side job at: sierrahunsaker.pureromance.com

8 comments:

Karin said...

Hey there! It is good to be feeling like my life can get back to normal now. Did you hear about Grandpa's wedding yet? Crazy! Anyway, so does your mom read this blog??? Well, that is one way to spill the beans! Ryan actually knows someone at work whose wife does this, same company maybe?

Squish said...

With the longer nights, business should be good - good luck and have a blast!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo, look at that stuff! And you are totally raking it in! What do you do with the kid when you are throwing parties, leave her with the husband? I kinda want to get in on the action... Also... do you do like... demos and stuff?? ::tee hee::

Sierra said...

This is so much fun! Thanks for your comments. With hubby's job, I can't really count on him to be home to watch the kiddo, but I have a great set up with one of my childcare moms.
I do get to demo the products, but not the ones that I show. :)

NicciN said...

How fun! I am excited for you. That is awesome that you made so much money too. I'll have to check out the products!

PS -- If you want a funny read in light of this post check out this novel -- The Sunday List of Dreams by Kris Radish

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I've considered joining this company myself but I don't know how I would find time to do the parties.

My Rags to Riches said...

Sounds fun! I have always been to shy to go to one of those parties! I know it doesn't sound like me, but YES I do get shy!

Kuwaitia said...

I've always wanted to do this! Or at least have a party for one! Good luck with it! And 30 degrees? I wanna move to your parts! It's hot and beyond humid in the good ol' midwest :)