Saturday, August 23, 2008

Holding Down the Fort

Ok. Since Ben has returned to work, the following has taken place in my home.

Kaia dumped an entire bottle of soap down the toilet, filling it to the rim with bubbles, used an entire bottle of shampoo on the dog and slicked the bathroom floor with about an inch of water, pooped in the toilet once, followed by another equally impressive poop in her pants which was later smeared all over the kitchen counter as she attempted to give herself a bath in the sink.

There was one vomiting episode by Kaia and several from Mekayla... Mekayla's are more spit-up in mass quantity than actual vomit, but Kaia's is a direct result from drinking the bath-water which, no doubt was also used to wash the dog and which she has been counseled NOT to upon threat of immediate end to bath time and the revoking of bath-toy privileges on more than one occasion.

The dog peed a marathon pee on the top stair and carpet... which leaked down every subsequent stair, down the bottom beam and onto the refrigerator, and floor beneath the stairs, tore up the insulation seal around the front door, 2 cardboard boxes left on the front porch and a pair of work gloves all of which I have not had the privilege of telling Ben about yet.

All of this on top of the regular messes and demands of caring for a toddler and newborn on a full-time basis. You would think that I was a negligent mom, but they are both fed, not clothed, but warm and protected from the elements, and they are for the most part very happy. I count this as a HUGE success and the fact that I can take time to write this now only means that I am hanging on to a bit more than a thread of sanity, Mekayla is asleep and Kaia is quietly up to something messy in the kitchen... ut oh, I better go see what she is up to.

6 comments:

Squish said...

O dear - two this young is a challenge for sure! After witnessing the race horse pees my new Lab/Brittany Spaniel can do, I can absolutely picture the pee traveling down the stairs and beyond.

Good luck and don't forget to breathe!

The Blood Family said...

I feel for you--I too have had such days. And after the storms have cleared I realize they are just small moments in the grand scheme of things--and the most important things you have already taken care of--they are fed, protected, happy and loved. the moments of motherhood--you are making it!

1tiredmama said...

Wow! You have been extra busy. You are a great woman for having such a great attitude about it. I think I would be hiding in my bed with the covers over my head.

Tiffany W. said...

ok, too funny. Maybe I shouldn't laugh but it makes me feel a little better to know that I am not alone in my struggles!! Best of luck to ya and I think if you are sane after all that--then you are doing much better than I would be given the circumstances. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure have your hands full. That sounds like a whole lotta pee...

Demara said...

HAHA you had me laughing a loud I must admit after the first paragraph! Thanks for encouraging me to have kids!!! no seriously, it's sounds like so much fun-and a great work out!

(Was in the "Facebook blog network" neighborhood and thought I'd say "Hi".

Come by and visit me too if you like, my door is always open!)