Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting Serious

Okay, so I'm getting serious now. I'm still battling the ol' embarrassment issue with my triathlon. But, I'm not going to let it stop me.

The big day is May 13th. I will probably weigh in right around 220-225 at the rate I'm going, and I DON'T CARE anymore that I'll likely be the biggest girl on the course. I know that I can do the distances, and I know I can come in somewhere in the middle of the pack if I work at it. So, my 7000 calorie/ week goal is going to stand, but I am going to get specific about how I reach it.

I am going to do 3.1 miles on the treadmill, 9 miles on the bike and my weight circuit to muscle exhaustion 3/week and then hit the pool in between and swim laps for an hour. The race will be equivalent to 6 laps at my gym, so I'll do that as fast as I can and see where I'm at then train from there to push myself.

So far, I know I can do the 3.1 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill. My goal is to get that down to 30 minutes at an incline of at least 1% and not using my hands. It takes me about 45 minutes to go 9 miles on the stationary bike. I'd like to get that down to about 30 minutes too, and I'm doing courses with hills and resistance. Man! That is tough on the rump!

I figure even if I don't improve anything, I will come in around 700th out of 1300. If I reach my goals, I will come in in the top 100! I know that the gym equipment is not the same as the real deal. So I will be really happy if I make it in in the top 200. Hopefully, the weather and the girls will cooperate soon so that I can get on the trails with my bike and chariot/jogger stroller. THAT would be good resistance training!

So, that's my goal. Thirteen weeks to Triathlon! Today I did my gym circuit training and it actually burns around 1700 calories according to MFD! I'm beat, but I'm excited. I only have about 2400 calories left to reach my goal this week, and I know I will pass it with my training plan.

As for the weight loss, we are doing great! I've got 2 gals on board and am waiting for everyone to send me their numbers so I can post our success! Only 95 more pounds to go together! Happy losing!

Big Dreams 100 lb Fitness Challenge
Name Start Current Goal Total % Loss To Go
Me 250 246.5 155 3.5 1.4% 91.5
Nicci 188 186.5 150 1.5 0.8% 36.5
Lacey






TOTALS


5 2.2% 128

2 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Again... I think I am too prideful to put my weight on the web for the world to see. Not that anyone even really cares, but it is still too embarassing for me. Maybe if we give me a fake name. ;) You are awesome and I am amazed and inspired by you! What triathalon are you doing, where is it, and what are the distances you are doing for it? Just curious. I actually have always wanted to do a mini triathalon.

NicciN said...

Thanks for doing this. Have been having a rough week in the self-care department which always translates to bad habits in the exercise and eating departments. This helps me though -- reminds me that I am not alone, and that this will happen. Thanks!