Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Princess and the Frog!


Kaia is starting to get quite a bit of sass and real sense of humor. I think she does stuff just to see if she can get away with it or sometimes just to make us laugh. Here is one of her vogue self-photos she loves to take knowing full well that she is NOT supposed to touch mommy's camera. But she is so dang cute as she strikes a pose and takes super closeups of her eyeballs. Yup, you guessed it, we have dozens of these kind of shots. The tough part is that she knows she is cute and that she can get away with it.

This weekend she pooped in the tub, a thing which is not all that uncommon, but a thing which she knows is disgusting and always brings an abrupt end to bath time. Usually, she acts a little bashful and points out that "it yakie" and tries to get away from it. I didn't think to take any photos of these episodes, because... well, that would be gross. But this is a story that I couldn't help but blog.

This time I found her swimming around with it like it was no big deal. When I asked her "Kaia! What is that!?!" pointing to the poo, she looked up at me with as honest of a face as she could muster, shrugged her shoulders and exclaimed "Yoook! Itssa Fwog!" To her credit, it did kinda resemble the shape and color of a frog. But I am quite certain that she didn't think it was really a frog. The real kick is that in her little 2-year old mind she thought it would be funny to pretend that it was. She was right!

5 comments:

My Rags to Riches said...

Ya you have to admit, as gross as it is, that is pretty darn funny! Ethan poops in the tub all the time but is still too young to understand what is going on, I'm quite interested to hear the cute/funny things he might come up with.

Tiffany W. said...

Gross for the mom who has to clean it up and deal with it, but too funny for the readers who get to hear about it! ;)

My olderst never really pooped in the tub. he didn't potty train until he was 3 and 1/2, but he never pooped in the tub. We shall see what little Eli has in store for us...hopefully no green frogs! :)

Squish said...

Too funny!!

Thanks for the laugh!

Chiara said...

hahaha - what a character! I love it! I have been quite fortunate...out of all 3 boys I've only have ONE poop in the tub incident. Yeah for me!!
You should come to Moab with us sometime....that would be fun. You guys seem way more hard core than us...we just like to pretend! ;)-

Jennifer said...

Wow, it took a while for me to stop laughing at that one!