Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Can You Tell 'Em Apart?

At first I didn't believe it. I thought that Mekayla looked so much more like my side of the family than like Ben's. Kaia was unmistakably Ben's little girl, but Mekayla looked more olive toned and seemed to have more of the Nelson traits of high cheek bones, almond eyes and a fuller mouth. However, upon closer inspection, in photos, from the same age, they look VERY similar. So much so, that had I not known which pictures were taken when, I would have a tougher time telling them apart.

Maybe it is because most baby's look round and squishy, or maybe it is because Mekayla is still so new, but I think they look like they could be twins. They will both have the Hunsaker Blue eyes with the long eyelashes. They will both have the little round faces with almond-shaped eyes from my side of the fam. And they both have the pointy elf ears little round noses that swoop up from who knows where. I think I am going to have to pose Mekayla in the same clothes and positions and really compare, but I think they are more alike than not.

Can you tell them apart?



A: Kaia is shown in the first two photos and Mekayla is in the last two.

7 comments:

Chiara said...

What CUTE girls! And yes - they totally look alike!! But my first 2 boys were identical until about 2 months....then WHAMO - they were opposite!! So watch out!! :)

Squish said...

Well, they are both adorable that's for sure! I see alot of similarities in the nose and chin. Can't wait to see what develops!

The Blood Family said...

Your girls are sooo cute. Congrats on your new arrival! We miss you guys and hope everything continues to go well for you!

Karin said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats you guys!!! Your new little girl is so beautiful, just like your "big girl", and YES they look exactly the same!!! I am sure she will come into her own fairly quickly, but crazy how similar they are to start! I hope things are going well and that you are recovering well too!

Tiffany W. said...

They really do look so much alike! that is amazing! Good thing they are both so cute! you guys have done well. :)

My Rags to Riches said...

You're right, they do look a lot alike! I have the same issue, I think that Ethan looks like Mark's little "mini me". Sometimes I look at Ethan and wonder if I'm even in there somewhere, or if it is all Marks genes!

Tiffany W. said...

Sierra-- are you kidding me? I am pretty sure i am the meanest, grumpiest, most emotional pregnant woman on this planet!! Maybe i have not conveyed that enough in my blog enteries. ;)