Monday, July 21, 2008

More Pretty Baby Pix

So, I am back to "the world is wonderful" feelings again. No, the family isn't in perfect health yet, but things are looking a lot better. The bilirubin count is way down to the safe range again and the chest colds are dissipating a bit. Here is my favorite pic of the girls so far. I am one lucky mommy. Kaia has adjusted really well to her new role as "BIG SEESER" and she is getting better at pronouncing "Mykaywa" I really think that Kaia has taken ownership and it is really sweet to watch them together.
Here is one of the better pictures from the hospital. I was surprised at how alert and happy Mekayla has been from the start. The jaundice got to her a bit and she slept a lot... one of those disguised blessings I guess, but for the most part, she has been an angel.
Kaia and Mekayla are going to be good buddies. I think that Kaia is happy to have another kid around. Even though Mekayla isn't so big on the interaction just yet, Kaia pretends that she tells funny stories and gets a kick out of when she "toots" the "toots" aren't Mommy and Daddy's favorite thing, usually because it is the 16th or 17th diaper of the day and it gets a little old. But at least we all know that the systems are functioning properly.
Here is Mekayla's first bath. After a day of countless diapers it was Daddy's turn. He isn't quite as efficient with the tiny diapers and I was relieved that he was taking over the poo duties for the moment. Then I hear "ugh oh, where'd THAT come from?" My curiosity got the better of me and I wasn't a bit surprised to find a squirt of poo trailing from the diaper to the bed. "I'll give you 3 guesses Honey." He didn't need all 3, but before he was done, we had gone through 2 bed sheets, 1 outfut, 3 diapers and a towel.

Bless his heart for trying, at this stage, it's projectile poo and poo handeling isn't one of his strong suits. I'm just grateful that he has been going the extra mile to make my life easier and really paying attention to the needs of the family. It is totally awesome to have him home for 6 weeks to help me out... cause I really, really have my hands full.

Oh, the joys of parenthood.

6 comments:

My Rags to Riches said...

That is sweet, it's nice to hear that Kaia seems to be adjusting well to the new addition. I only hope that Ethan will make such a smooth transition when his brother comes, but for some reason I doubt it! Your girls are beautiful!

1tiredmama said...

She is just beautiful! I just love watching my kids interact with each other. They may not always get along, but you can tell from day one that they truely love each other.

NicciN said...

Love the pictures. They are so cute. It is so much fun to see the kids loving and interested in each other.

Tiffany W. said...

Too cute! they will be the best of friends in no time--I am sure. I love the pic of them laying next to each other. I already said this on your facebook profile, but she is an absolutely gorgeous newborn!!

Unknown said...

SO beautiful!! I am glad everyone is feeling better, what a difference it makes!

Congratulations on your two beautiful girls, (oops I typed "boys" first, habit i guess, lol!) on your happy marriage, and on your wonderful perspective.

You truly are a success!!! <3

Kayla Walker said...

Mekayla is ADORABLE!!! Congrats! I can't believe how big Kaia is getting either, and I can't believe I have never even seen her in person! You have such cute girls!!!