Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gratitude Sunday: The Little Things

It has been a while since I last posted a Gratitude Sunday. Not that I haven't had much to be grateful for, but because I have been really lazy. I have been thinking a lot this week about the things that I have gone without for so long and had taken for granted. Even when they were gone, I took them for granted until I go them back.

With pregnancy comes many discomforts and inconveniences and I would like to take a moment to list a few of the things that I have enjoyed so much about NOT being pregnant anymore. For a few of my readers, I apologize that for the insensitivity to your pregnancy status. If you are one of the lucky ones who can do pregnancy beautifully and don't have discomforts or inconveniences like these... You can be surrogate for my next kid, 'cause I ain't doin' this again!

1. I can fall asleep and wake up in the same position... EVERY TIME!!! I know this is partly because I only sleep in 2.5-3hr shifts, but it is nice to sleep straight through those hours and not be wakened by the numbness in my arms, legs or fingers or the incessant tossing and turning with a gigantic belly.

2. I can take my scalding-hot-turn-my-skin-pink showers that I love so much and actually stay on my feet without feeling faint or worrying about cooking my baby.

3. I can go up the stairs, do laundry, sweep the floor and put away dishes without getting winded.

4. Though I am still crazy tired, I have more energy and motivation than I have had in MONTHS!!!

5. I can easily put on socks, pants, underwear and even give myself a pedicure!

6. I no longer have the intense cravings for high-sugar / high-fat foods that helped me pack on the unsightly pounds I accrued with pregnancy.

7. I'm still pretty emotional, but not nearly as cranky. I attribute this to the leveling out of the hormones.

8. My boobs once again protrude further out than my bellybutton.

9. I can have a regular bowel movement... on a regular basis.

10. The really big number on the scale is finally decreasing at a steady and acceptable rate.

4 comments:

NicciN said...

Great list.

Crystal said...

My list is about the same as yours. Even though my pregnancy and delivery went so smooth, there are the same discomforts I think that most pregnant women all share. Thank you so much for your comment, it made me tear up. So much for the hormones balancing out all the way :) Apparantly I still am crying a lot. :) Mekayla is one gorgeous little girl. We can't wait to hang out again. Love you lots!!! Don't push yourself too hard. I am having to take an easy day today since I did way too much this weekend and am paying the price for it now :(

Tiffany W. said...

HAHAHAH! Right on the money! Those are ALL things I am struggling with--thanks for nothin! ;) but hopefully not for much longer. I have an induction date for Monday. Yippee! You make me laugh! (which is good because i seem to do a lot of crying these days!) :)

My Rags to Riches said...

Oh I can't wait till I am able to make a list like that. I am not one of those women who's body can handle pregnancy beautifully! Ugh, I'm jealous (but happy for you) that you are done with all this!