Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend Confessions: Hubby Abuse

I usually take really good care of Hubby when he is working his shifts, but when he has a few days off, I tend to take advantage a little more than I should.

  1. I saw that a bag of thawed chicken had leaked in the bottom of the fridge and promptly closed the door pretending that I didn't. The next day, Hubby told me that it leaked and I acted all surprised.
  2. I pretended to be asleep this morning when it was clear that Hubby was having a hard time figuring out that Kaia was hungry and impatient and clearly needed help.
  3. I asked hubby to bring me the shower cleaner and a sponge so I could scrub the tub, but ended up taking a 1/2 hour hot shower with no interruptions and only spent 2 minutes actually scrubbing.
  4. As Hubby works graveyard, I let Kaia barge into the bedroom to wake him up after only 5 hours of sleep because I am bored and want him to come out and play.
The weekend is nearing it's end and the abuse will subside for the next 4 days. It bumbs me out when he has to work, and I really do miss him when he is gone. I don't know how I am going to manage when he does the 2-week rotation. I guess I will be in a more friendly place and can get involved in more activities and play groups and much much more when I get back to civilization. Then when he has 2 weeks off, we will have time to fish and camp and hike and play. Yae for us!

1 comment:

NicciN said...

Sometimes I do the same thing -- especially letting my son wake up daddy when I want him to get up.

I wonder why it is so hard to just ask for what we need. The hubbys are good guys and I imagine they would say yes if we asked.