Monday, June 25, 2007

Big Dreams and Inspirational Twists

Have you ever had one of those inspiration moments when something that was never even a thought in you mind suddenly becomes your path? Or even the opposite when what you thought was your path forever, suddenly makes no sense for you at all? Well, I must be attracting a lot of that lately because the my most recent inspiration is a combination of the two.

My big dream for at least the last 10 years was to build a family adventure lodge somewhere in Alaska. Now I am thinking that I need to further develop my life coaching skills and make that my business somewhere in the lower 48! I am pretty convinced that my niche in that market has something to do with an adventure framework and I am certain that nature has a lot to do with my coaching environment. But outside of that, it is all VERY new to me.

I haven't given up on the adventure lodge and will probably still build it, but I think the purpose of that dream is for something bigger than vacations, and the timing of it is not quite so urgent. In the long run, my vision should look something like a life coaching spa with a focus and flare for adventure. The funny thing is that I see it much later than previousely invisioned. Something about the delayed timing makes more sense to me and I feel more peace about that.

I am interested to see how this new adventure plays out, and I am excited about the meaning and focus this new line of inspiration is bringing me. I will keep you posted on any big developments on this new twist to an old dream.

____________________________________________________

On the training dream: I am still in training and have increased my resistence strength by 10% and my distance endurance by 100%! Yae for me! I am still only 1/2 way to my weight loss goals, but even if I'm not lookin' super hot in my runnin' shorts, I am still going to be able to run it! Hey, I can always wear yoga pants, and no competitors gotz-da know that I didn't reach my goal weight when they are eatin' my dust!!!

2 comments:

NicciN said...

It is cool when you are hoping to watch your dreams change and grow. This whole idea sounds really fun to me. A coaching spa with a falir for adventure sounds fun -- I have some fears I could deal with facing in that way.

That is fantastic that you increased your enduarnce by 100%. I am impressed. I am at the other side -- contemplating taking up jogging since it seems like the most time effective and cheapest way to do more exercise, but since I haven't jogged since PE essentially, I am really not sure how to start. I guess it is like anything else -- just do it. Although I have fears about it due to issues with my hip when I was a baby. I should blog about that sometime actually. Now I feel like I sound like the perfect candidate for adventure coaching. ;)

Sierra said...

I think that everyone could use a little more progressive adventure in their lives. That is why I want to build it... I need more adventure too.