Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Linky Dinky Meme

I was tagged by Slacker Mom and thought I would share the fun of this linky dinky meme:


Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

  1. Daddy Forever
  2. Almost Somewhat Positive
  3. Maggie at CoffeeShopMofia
  4. Slacker-Moms-R-Us
  5. Big Dreams and Pixie Dust

Next select 5 people to tag:

  1. K.B. Squared
  2. Smile, Play, Dream
  3. A Million Moments
  4. Never Enough Time
  5. Delightful Distraction

What was I doing 10 years ago?

I had just graduated from High-School and believe that on this exact date I was driving from Portland, OR to Provo, UT with everything I owned in an ’84 Honda Acord with a brand-new, custom, barney-purple paint job. My teddy bear was buckled into the front seat on top of a laundry basket full of shoes. I was screaming down a highway in the middle of the desert at 90 MPH with the radio blasting some ungodly Honky Tonk that just happened to be the only thing I could find on the dial. Chances are I was singing along at the top of my lungs, my left leg was definitely hanging out the window and I’m pretty sure my pigtails were flappin’ around in the wind. Looking back, that was probably the best road trip I had ever taken to that date.


What was I doing 1 year ago?

I was on vacation in Portland, reevaluating my beliefs and restructuring my lifestyle. I was nearly ½ way to losing the 100 lbs. I had set out to lose the previous January, and was stoked that I had support from Mom while Hubby was in what seemed to be endless months of police training.

5 snacks I enjoy

  1. Smoked Salmon, Moose or Reindeer (so, I’ve been a little bit spoiled up here in AK)
  2. Fruit (Nectarines, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and Tuscan Cantelope Rock!)
  3. Nuts (Cashews, Macadamias and Pistachios are my favorite… especially if they come in cookies or chocolate)
  4. Cosmo Corn (The most amazing caramel popcorn I have ever tasted in my life! I’ve only seen it at Bale’s Thriftway and The Tillamook Cheese Factory)
  5. German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream Concoction from Cold Stone (Sweet cream ice cream, fresh-baked brownie, toasted coconut and chopped pecans with caramel and fudge topping swirled in… Yah, it’s heaven in a cone)

5 songs that I know all the lyrics to…

  1. You are My Sunshine
  2. Twinkle Twinkle
  3. Give Said the Little Stream
  4. The theme song to “It’s A Big, Big World”
  5. Star Spangled Banner


5 things I would do if I were a millionaire

  1. Build my Family Adventure Lodge
  2. Launch my dream business of sharing my passion for Family, Nature and Adventure with the world
  3. Take annual family adventures to all the cool places I would love to go visit (stay tuned for a top 10 list in the near future)
  4. Start up a Education Trust Fund for my kids and their kids
  5. Give 10% to charities (probably ones benefiting the needy, or supporting personal development, families, arts and education)

5 bad habits

  1. I share too much information
  2. I make too many excuses for not taking care of myself
  3. I cuss too much
  4. I spend too much time on the internet
  5. I talk too much

5 things I like to do

  1. Backpack
  2. Trail Run
  3. Blog
  4. Plan Adventures
  5. Hubby

5 things I will never wear again

  1. Church-Lady Panties
  2. Acrylic or Press-On Fingernails
  3. Cowgirl Boots or Pants
  4. Skater Pants
  5. Mom Jeans

5 favorite toys

  1. Computer
  2. Camera
  3. Scrap Booking Gadgets
  4. Um… well, in attempt to break bad habit #1, I will keep the rest between me and my hubby

2 comments:

Slackermommy said...

Great answers! Your five bad habits could be mine. Especially #1.

NicciN said...

I love the story of the road trip. I had a great one myself the summer of 1994 when I was deciding whether or not to drop out of grad school and whether or not to follow my desire to teach high school. I went all over the west coast alone in my toyota corolla. Thanks for reminding me of it.