Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gratitude Sunday: Fathers

I realize that I didn’t post my Gratitude Sunday, and really did have something composed to post. How could I forget to honor fathers on father’s day?! So here is the post a few days late:

I am continually amazed by my husband and how good of a daddy he is for Kaia. He is so fun and loving and conscious of her needs. I couldn’t dream up a better partner to raise our daughter and am so excited about what is coming in the future. It is amazing to me how much my love and honor and respect for him has grown since I have discovered more about who I want to be and how he inspires that. He has been more of a leader, friend and confidant for me and I am so grateful that Kaia will have that kind of an example as the male role model in her life.

I am also very grateful for my own father, for his amazing sacrifice and example of determination and integrity. I have always thought of him as superman and am proud that he is my dad. He has taught me valuable lessons about life and truth and discovering my true potential. He has also inspired and nurtured my character growth and independence, and I have never doubted his love for me. I know that if it ever came down to it, he would even give his life for mine. I can honestly say that I wouldn’t be who I am without his influence in my life and I like who I am.

I am a lucky, lucky girl to have such wonderful men in my life!

1 comment:

Slackermommy said...

So sweet! It's so great you are doing this. I should be also. It's easy to start taking our loved ones for granted.