Monday, May 14, 2007

Big Goal Status Report #1

A week ago, I set a big goal to get down to my pre-Barrow weight and train hard 6 days a week to be strong enough to pace my dad on the Hardrock 100 in July. Today was the first measurement day of my 8-week program, and I am well on my way. Despite the fact that on day 2 I got a crazy head cold that moved into my chest by day 4, I still managed to run 10.5 miles, climbed stairs for 4 hours and hit the weights twice. I survived the first week of a pretty intense junk food detox, drank a total of 6 gallons of water (which went right through me), and stuck to my nutrition program... well pretty close anyway.

What all this ads up to is a loss of 9 lbs and an increas of 3% lean body mass, and I fit in my jeans again! Yae for me!!!

I figured that the first week would be successful because I had been eating like a slob and had been lazing around on vacation or sitting here in my little appartment feeling sorry for myself. But I had no idea I was THAT full of junk. I am commited to taking better care of myself and am feeling SO much better already... well, at least since the detox crankies have past.

I am so glad that I have something to look forward to, something to work toward and someone depending on my discipline. I am even more glad that my efforts are working. So, to keep at it, I am draggin' all of you into my support network to keep me accountable. I still have 7 weeks to run 216 miles, lift an obsene amount of weights a crazy number of times, climb a bazillion flights of stairs, consiousely think aobut the nutritional value of what I eat and lose 26 more lbs. that WON'T be working for me on that race and gain 15% lean body mass that WILL. Wish me luck, and keep me honest.

P.S.
Future status reports will be much more brief in the future, but look for them and hold my feet to the fire if I don't post every Monday.

1 comment:

1tiredmama said...

Don't you love being some sort of regular exercise program. It makes you feel so much better. I having been using being pregnant as an excuse. I think I will regret that in a few months when the baby is born. I will have to work extra hard. Good luck and keep up the good work!