Saturday, May 26, 2007

Good Morning Mommy!


There is nothing like a wake-up call from Kaia. I guess it wouldn't be quite so bad if Daddy didn't give her cold water for amunition. I think that we are going to have to emphasize only giving her sippies.

Ben leaves for work at 6:15am and ususally, Kaia sleeps until about 7:30 or even 8:00 if I am lucky. However, this was not a usual morning. Kaia was up with Daddy, and he thought it was a great idea to give her a plastic cup of water. So what happens when Daddy leaves for work? Kaia finds her way into my bedroom, carefully climbs up on the bed, and proceeds to dump the entire contents of that 8 oz glass onto Mommy's head! Yah, not such a fun game.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time was unintentional, because the water was left on the nightstand from the night before. But this morning was a different story. He actually had to find a plastic cup, fill it with water and then leave her unattended... I vaguely remember him saying "go get Mommy" as he shut the door behind him. This just might be one of those situations where I have to do a little payback. I'll just have to wait until hubby is asleep in front of the TV or really into his computer games before I turn Kaia loose on him with icewater.

For now, I have to rescue her from falling asleep in her high-chair. She usually doesn't make it too far into the morning before crashing out when she gets up so early. I think we may have to restart this day in a few hours when she is fully rested.

No comments: