Sunday, February 4, 2007

A Bit of Pixie Dust

So, yesterday was a good day in a long series of dark and dreary ones. I put Kaia down for her afternoon nap with Daddy, bundled up for the -20 degree weather, and headed off to the post office. I hadn't seen the sun in over a month, and when I stepped out into the street, I was broadsided by an amazing ray of light. I couldn't believe how bright and beautiful it was, just suspended there between the horizon and the cloud cover. The spectacular colors worked magic in my soul.

Just an every-day task became a much needed bit of pixie dust to get me through the monotany of Barrow life. It is amazing how much the sun changes everything. I love the sunshine and am pretty sure that I am solar powered. My attitude sure seemed to pick up, and I was able to think clearly for long enough to devise a plan to re-charge my life. I am actually excited about something again, and I can see a way to my happiness in Barrow.

Despite all the difficulties I have had adjusting to my new environment, I really don't have much to complain about. God has just done an amazing job of trainanig me to hear His voice in any language. Till now, He has spoken to me through Nature, and now that Nature is so harsh and bitter, I am looking for other ways to hear what He has to say.

I am far from being fluent in scripture or sunday-school lessons, but I do understand the language of the heart. God has placed so many friends and family in my life to help me through this big transition. Thank you all for being my pixie dust when the sunshine in my world is just not shinin'.

No comments: