Saturday, February 10, 2007

Most Spectacular Places

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the movie Madagascar. But today, I am feeling the part of the zebra... well, I would be more so if I had the motivation to get on the treadmill. Anyway, I have been thinking about all the coolest places I have ever been and imagining that I am there... not here in the coldest place I have ever been. Through the process, I thought I would post a top 10.

There may be many more of these as time goes by, and I start missing things that are just hard to come by up here in the remote parts of Alaska. Here is a top 10 list of the most spectacular places I have ever been. They just happened to coincide with my top 10 best adventures, so I placed them in chronological order to when I experienced them not their order of spectacular-ness. Someday, I may post stories about the adventures. But for now, the top ten list will have to do.

1. SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS, COLORADO

2. SILVER FALLS STATE PARK, OREGON

3. COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, OREGON / WASHINGTON

4. DENALI NATIONAL PARK, ALASKA

5. KENAI FJORDS NATIONAL PARK, ALASKA

6. THE GRAND CANYON, ARIZONA

7. ARCHES NATIONAL PARK, UTAH

8. YELLOWSTONE / TETONS NATIONAL PARKS, WYOMING / MONTANA

9. CROW’S PASS TRAIL, ALASKA

10. WEST COAST TRAIL, BRITISH COLUMBIA

No comments: