Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Secret

As a stay-at-home mom who actually stays at home now, I have had the opportunity to watch some afternoon talk shows. Namely, Dr. Phill (who is getting a bit sensational now and loosing ground to Dr. Keith) and of course, my favorite Oprah. Last week, Oprah did an exceptional special on The Secret and it just so happend that I had been doing a lot of thinking about it the past few weeks. In any case, it was timely and brought all of my thoughts and feelings together into one concise message.

I ATTRACT MORE OF MY FOCUS.

I have realized that The Secret is a HUGE factor in my every happiness and I know that The Secret is TRUTH because I have seen it work in my life. When I am trying to lose those excess pounds, I am focusing on those excess pounds. Then I wonder why I keep attracting MORE excess pounds. When I am trying to get out of the funk I have been in, I am focusing on the symptoms and the cause of the funk. Then I wonder why I keep attracting MORE funk.

The times when I was most happy were when I was in tune with my personal mission statement. When I was focusing on my purpose and was looking at the real me, the potential I have inside me that is my unique mark in the universe, I felt connected and whole. I know that when I focus on my purpose, I attract MORE support for my purpose and am MORE happy and successfull in reaching my goals.

I must say that it is no small thing to have a clear picture of my purpose and it requires a lot of inspiration, contemplation and evaluation on a regular basis. It is so easy to lose focus on who I really am and what I can really offer.

I just think it is amazing how truth finds its way into my life and inspires me to be the best me possible. It is a constant battle, but I am convinced that if I make an honest effort to focus on what matters, what is real and what is my best dream for myself and the world, I will be doing my part to make it so.

No comments: