Friday, February 16, 2007

Tastiest Dishes

I have been thinking a LOT about my favorite foods lately... mainly because they are hard to come by up here in the Arctic, but partly because I will be traveling down to the lower 48 here in a week or so and can get access to them. It will be great to go to a shopping center and not have the sticker shock I have experienced up here. Can you believe that a gallon of milk costs $8 here? Don't even get me started on cheese and produce. In any case, these are the tastiest dishes that are delicacies on the tundra.
  1. Blueberry Cheesecake
  2. Garlic Chicken Pizza
  3. Enchiladas
  4. Lasagna
  5. Tacos
  6. Carrot Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
  7. Fresh Fruit
  8. Citrus Grilled Salmon
  9. Corn and Oysters
  10. Anything Chocolate

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh happy day! I am so glad you get to venture out to "the mainland". And I totally understand your food thing. I whine because I can't get my "Utah foods" (Cafe Rio, Taco Maker, Leatherby's Ice Cream etc.) here in OR. But I bet you are really lacking in the out to eat options. I hope you get to enjoy them all on your trip!