Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Big 5

A while back I requested some fun and sexy ideas for a 5-year anniversary surprise. Well, yesterday was the big day and we "surprised" each other with a trip to Anchorage. Ben arranged the flight to a place with trees (which is more beautiful to me than if he had bought me flowers) and I arranged the cozy log cabin (which still honors the tradition of wood). We are going to postpone the celebration till the 15th of Sept (Ben's next weekend which actually coincides with cheaper airfare) when we can look at property and get the loan stuff all settled out (Hubby's gift to me). Then we are going to go off roading and camping with some frineds (my gift to Hubby).
Just so we didn't sit around bored on the actual day, we did go to a friend's barbeque and had a great time. They even called into the local radio station to wish us happy anniversary over the air and everyone cheered. Gotta love small towns! I will miss the people up here, but ya know, there just aren't enough good days like that to justify the really hard ones.
The truth is I will miss some things, but I am really looking forward to having a clean and nice place that reflects my taste and has conveniences like a garbage disposal and dish washer. Not to mention that many friends come through Anchorage at least once a year and will now have a place to stay when they do.

3 comments:

NicciN said...

Yay, that sounds like a great plan! I am happy for you, and glad you had a great time on the day with friends and your radio shout-out.

We have planned our Alaska cruise for May 2008. I wonder if there would be a way to meet up for a play date!

Kim said...

Congrats! We are coming up on 8 years in September. It's crazy how time flies! I'm glad to hear you talking about future plans in Anchorage. Do you know if you're getting out of Barrow soon?

1tiredmama said...

Congrats on 5 years! It sounds like your trip will be lots of fun!