Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Rollin' With the Homebodies

I think we had all been pent up in the house for way too long, so I invited everyone to the beach. We headed out for a weenie roast and some s'mores with a couple of friends and had a great time. It was a beautiful 44 degrees with wind chill today, and we really couldn’t have asked for any better. The kids had a great time rolling all over the beach and climbing on the four wheeler.

Ben even took them all for a ride to appease the begging and pleading, which was very nice for the rest of us. Bless his heart for entertaining the whole load of squealing mimis up and down that beach! We had a great time, and I was really happy to get out and play with one of the families that will be moving out before the end of the month. No more being homebodies for them.

We are hoping that things work out for us to follow them out of town here within the next 2 months, but we shall see. We were all talking about how great it would be to get out of here, and I thought, "hey, is it really all that bad?" There must be something I will miss... um... hmmmmm... well, the truth is that the best things about my Barrow experience can come with me when I go. It has been an interesting thing to do for a short while, and I will miss the friends we have made here, but there just aren't enough days like this to make it worth the expense and the hassle.

If you ask me, the kids have the right idea. We should just pile everyone on and go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

44 degrees? Crazy!! I don't know how you do it. (It sounds like some days YOU don't know either...) :p

NicciN said...

That is so cute with all the kids piled on. How nice that you could get a little break while they had fun. I hope that it works out for you to follow soon.