Wednesday, August 22, 2007

PMS BS and TMI

So, I'm not pregnant and I'm starting to wonder why the hell not. Just before the start of each cycle I start thinking I have all the pregnancy symptoms, then like clockwork they all roll over into the crabby, crampy PMS symptoms. I would much rather have the pregnancy symptoms because at least they yield good product. Besides, we would really like to have another baby-- soon.

What does it take to make a baby? I haven't been on birth control since Kaia was born, and I think we are having enough sex but not too much at the right times of the cycle and then some. I was thinking that it had something to do with my health, but Kaia was conceived when I was a good 40lbs heavier than I am now and a LOT more stressed out.

Unless, by some strange irony, boredom causes infertility, I can't figure out why we aren't expecting. Maybe it's just the workings of a merciful God... mercy for whom I'm not sure, but I can't help but feel that we are in the quiet before the storm. Whatever the case, I'm at peace with it. Even though big changes are coming, I am excited about the adventure they will bring.

The problem is that I'm not sure what I am supposed to do to prepare. It's almost like every effort is just spinning my wheels and getting me nowhere. I want action! Less planning, less thinking, more doing... much more doing. I have been ancy to DO and sure enough, the opportunities just came out of the woodwork.

So, in the spirit of doing, I have signed up for a weight loss program to get rid of those last stubborn pounds and finally get control of my fitness. Committed to a workout program with a friend, and even got Hubby on board to get in shape.

I am also doing childcare to supplement our savings for a home. I have 2 great kids lined up and think it will work out beautifully. It will bring in $1200 extra each month and really has potential to do much more. I have already been approached by 2 other moms wanting me to take their kids, but I don't like kids all that much. Yah, I know. Childcare is probably not the best profession for me, but I think I am a pretty good mom and can share that for a few hours a day with 2 more kids for a few months. I do think that more than 2 might push me over the edge though, and you just can't put a price on sanity. Kudos to all you moms out there with more than 2!

I am also considering becoming a health advisor and/or pure romance consultant. These are just a few of the many ideas and opportunities that have presented themselves in the past 2 weeks and all but paralyzed me with indecision. At least with these last 2 options, I get adult interaction and can participate in activities I really like. Who knows, maybe the fitness improvements and pure romance products will inspire some baby making ideas. It will be interesting to see how things all work out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sierra. I happen to run into you through my "Support in Motion" community center. I have been using Medifast for a little over a year now (helps me maintain the weight at my own convenience). I am glad to hear that you have joined the program it's seems to work great for a lot of people I know. Plus one of my sis-in-law lost her weight and gained a baby =) The Medifast program is supposed to make you more fertile. It releases the estrogen out of your fat cells. So maybe you might have a better chance of getting prego. But if you trying to lose weight then I would wait until you've reached your goal, unless having a baby is more of your priority. How long have you been on the program? How much have you lost?

Anonymous said...

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertilty. It's the bible for getting knocked up. I had a little trouble with my third. By charting my temps I figured out that I had a short luteal phase. I took some herbal supplements and Robitussin and got pregnant the next cycle.

Sierra said...

Thanks for the great tips! I will definitely get the book AFTER I get my bootie into shape. It should only be a few months!

Luda- welcome and thanks. I tried to respond personally, but have no way to contact you. I just signed up for Medifast but have been on my weight loss journey since Jan 3, 2006. I have lost a total of 115 lbs, and gained 35 back. Medifast should get me back on track and living the adventure I was born to live.

I would love to know more about your medifast experience, results and especially how the maintenance is going. Could you please send me an e-mail or post on Support in Motion? I'll keep an eye out for ya.

NicciN said...

Getting pregnant is a weird thing. It is so out of your control. You can decide to be ready to try, but you never know how or when it will happen. It is a big lesson on trusting the process and that it will work out how it is supposed to work out.

I second the book Taking Charge of your Fertility. It is great.

Coincidentally, my husband just started Medifast a couple of weeks ago after hearing how well one of the mom's in my mom's group was doing with it. He is doing well on it and loves the convenience of it. I will probably join him after I finish nursing.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sierra, I didn't have that much weight to lose but really needed to get the 20lbs that I did have off as soon as possible for a special occasion. My sis-in-law had introduced me to Medifast in May of 2006 and I started right away. I lost the 20lbs a month later and was so amazed I shared it with so many people because of how great I felt. I have kept the weight off since then I go up and down like 2-3 lbs but now a big deal. Also my sister asked me if I would like to become a Health Advisor since I was already sharing it with so many people she thought I would be great in coaching them. So I am now a Health Coach and love it so much! I know you mentioned you were thinking about becoming one. Who is your Health Advisor if you don't mind me asking? I really don't use support in motion to much but you can email me @ healthysteps.tsfl@gmail.com if you would like. I would love to keep in touch. Talk to you soon.