Monday, August 13, 2007

Sicko and Psycho

I am at the end of my rope with a sick kiddo. Her annoying booger nose has now developed into full-fledged asthma attacks and coughing spasms that continue off and on through all hours of the night. I’m not sure what is worse, the whining, clinging and thrashing around, the sleepless nights, or my fear that she is going to have to be med-evaced to Anchorage. The anxiety and frustration has turned me into a total psycho. Any little thing is just too much for me to handle, and I am totally on the verge of throwing all of our dirty dishes away just to get rid of them!

I have done all I can to keep my sanity, but I am running out of options. I have cleaned the house (except the dishes) done 3 loads of laundry, started a my-space page that I still don’t like as much as my blog and bathed sicko 3 times already today to keep her occupied and decongested. I would really love to get out, but it is not a great option with a sick kiddo. There is nowhere to go, nothing to do and nobody to see when you have a sick kid. Any other mom doesn’t want their kids to get sick. Any other public place is too germ infested to an already compromised immune system, and nothing even sounds fun with a whiny, clingy kid on your hip. Any tips or suggestions could possibly save me from becoming totally irreversibly psycho.

2 comments:

NicciN said...

Having a sick kid is hard. My little one is getting his first 2 teeth, so we are struggling ourselves.

The only suggestion I have is to watch video clips on You Tube. Lucas loves them, and it works when I am desperate. It is cute since he started to sing the songs at random times too.

Here is the URL for his playlist of children's songs. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E4FF47EC46C8C89B

1tiredmama said...

It is not fun to have sick kids, especially when they aren't sleeping well at night. It makes for tired and cranky kids and tired and cranky moms, which is never a good combination. I don't have many good suggestions. We always go stir crazy!